Gel manicures are a new fashion in manicure technology. Gel is a longer lasting than regular nail lacquers. Shellac-like manicure is a hybrid between a lacquer and a gel. It looks like nail lacquer but the colors are brighter and it dries faster. It never chips and looks fresh and clean. But you have to put your hand in a UV light box.
Here comes the concern. Dr Roberts pointing some researches suggests these UV light boxes may be linked with non-melanoma skin cancers of the hands. According to a report dating from 2009, there are two case reports.
Both women got skin cancers of the hand after using the UV lights with manicures. The researchers concluded that exposure to UV light boxes that are used in many nail salons may be a risk factor for skin cancer and needs more study.
As a conclusion , Dr Roberts says that lacquer is healthier, without a doubt.
Nail polish for men is the latest fashion trend. More and more men have started wearing nail polish openly. Among them are celebrities Johnny Depp, rock star Dave Nevarro, David Beckham and even Prince Harry. Men are becoming more aware of their appearance, hands and nails included.
Johnny Depp wore a bold blue nail polish for his Letterman appearance last week.
No matter if you would go for the perfect, clean manicure, suggesting success and power, or a bold nail polish color to demonstrate you are not confined to society’s rules, manicure express yourselves.
You have probably heard that the length of your nails reveal your personality. If you have short nails, most probably you are nervous, slightly critical and particularly hard on yourself. We have a few tips here for you to teach you how to keep your short nails perfectly manicured. Just follow the steps and you cannot go wrong. The result will be a perfect short manicure.
All You’ll Need:
* Nail polish remover
* Gentle soap
* Emery board
* Vitamin E oil
* Cuticle cream
* Soft-bristled brush
* Pumice stone
* Nail buffer
* Clear polish
Always begin with removing your old nail polish if any and wash your hands with a gentle soap. To file your nails, use an emery board and smooth any rough edges to get the desired shape. Make sure that you file in one direction against the nail to keep your nails from breaking. For short nails use a thick emery board with a foam center, as you can more easily work between the nail and your skin without damaging the delicate tissue under the nail. Step 2
Massage vitamin E oil into the nails. It would help strengthening weak, short nails. For the cuticles, use cuticle cream and massage it into the tissue as well. Allow the oil and cream to set for 2 or 3 minutes. Step 3
Soak your nails in clean, warm water for 5 minutes in a manicure bowl and then use a small, soft-bristled brush to gently remove dead skin from your cuticles. Avoid cutting your cuticles, as they are there to help prevent bacteria from infecting the nail. You can also use a gentle pumice stone to remove the traces of dead skin cells from your cuticles area. Step 4
Wash your hands once again, paying special attention to the underside of the nails. Use a natural buffer to remove any ridges in the nails and to create a healthy shine on the surface of the nail. Step 5
And finally, apply a coat of clear nail polish to your short nails to help protect them and strengthen the nail for better growth.
How to do beautiful nails at home? Beautiful nails are one of the most desired things by women. It’s not that difficult. Just follow the following steps.
1. First you should clean your nails. Remove the old nail polish if you have any. For cleaning, you can use a toothbrush and a mild soap.
2. Use a manicure bowl (or any bowl if you don’t have) and fill it with warm water or milk to soak your hands and soften the cuticles.
3. Rub a rich moisturizer on your hands.
4. File your nails if they are short or trim them first and file them if they are long. But make sure you make them of equal length.
5. Apply cuticle remover on the cuticles area and push them back gently with a cuticle pusher. Remove the dead skin away.
6. Smoothe out the nail base with a polish file.
7. Apply nail strengthener before base coat.It will protect your nails from the nail polish.
8. It’s very important when you apply the nail polish to do it with three strokes only. Thus you will avoid leaks and bumps. Start with a stroke in the center of the nail, then the left side and finally the right side.
9. Time for the top coat to make the nail polish last longer
Important: You should have enough time when you decide to manicure your nails. Leave it to dry completely before you start any work. Do not do your nails close to bedtime as any pressure against the sheets will damage them.