April 10, 2011
You have a formal occasion-wedding, prom etc. and want to tie a bow tie, here is a quick lesson how to do it. Although the clip on pre-tied bow ties are becoming very popular and the bow looks perfect, the old-fashioned bow tie is classics and will not look tacky.
Here is a lesson how to tie a bow tie in 5 easy steps:
October 31, 2010
If you would prefer an extravagant costume for Helloween, this hat by Street-Style Star Michelle Harper and Paris designer Yazbukey is a good idea. A weird, but good looking hat and necklace would change you completely. All you need is a hat you can decorate yourself with cartoon-eyes, long-fingered necklace and leather gloves.
You can pair this extravagant Halloween hat and necklace with anything you like. Anyways, nobody would notice what are you wearing since they will be staring at your lovely hat.
February 24, 2010
How to make a fashion bracelet at home?
It’s easy. You all probably have an old bracelet you don’t like and wear. Wrap an old bangle bracelet with tulle and satin ribbon. Cover balls (or beads, etc.) of various sizes with tulle or with pieces of no longer wearable tights and attach them to the bracelet. And you already have a seductively sheer cotton candy bracelet.
You can also make a matching pair of shoes to your new bracelet. A piece of the same pink tulle turns classic high-heel sandals into Cinderella pretty shoes. Sew a piece of tulle together with a few stitches to form a rosette and attach it to the sandal strap.
January 25, 2010
How to make a stylish and original purse from an old woolen sweater? All you need is some free time and lots of desire.
Here is all you need to design the purse:
- one XL 100% wool sweater that has been felted
- thread that matches the sweater
- 20 minutes to assemble
1. You start with washing your sweater at a high temperature and then rinse it with cold water to get it felt. Thus you will not worry for frays when cutting the wool and leaving raw edges.
2. Get the scissors and cut the neckline and the waistband
3. Turn inside out and sew flaps on both sides.
4. Cut the waistband open and string through side flaps.
5. Knot sleeves loosely and slip cuffs ends into opposite knot twice.
Have a look at the finished purse.