December 27, 2011
Side-pinned flowing waves are hot demand for spring 2012. The fashion trend is spotted on the runway at Sonia Rykiel. the hair looks just perfect with a youthful hair clip.
This is the perfect example of how a hairstyle can take you back to your teenage high-school days or transform you into a forties-glamourous-bombshell.
1. Apply a blow-dry lotion to damp hair.
2. Use a blow dryer to create texture at the roots of your hair. Run your fingers through the strands and lift the roots while blasting hot air towards the scalp.
3. Once hair is completely dry, create a deep side part.
4. Spray a curl-enhancing mist all through the hair and use a 1-inch iron to curl your hair. You may also use a curling tong. Guido suggests Hot Sets 22 Thermal Setting Mist for this step.
5. Don’t touch the curls when they’re hot. They need to come down to room temperature in order to get their desired shape.
6. Flip your hair down and use a paddle brush to comb out the curls. The hair should be smooth.
7. Apply some hairspray, if needed.
December 22, 2011
More the headscarf and less the turban are coming back as accents for 2012 accessories. We would recommend them to women who like to experiment and stand out from the crowd.
Marc Jacobs plays with headscarves in his S/S ’12 collection, though the head pieces look rather like a sweat-band and match the whole sporty collection.
Even though the trend is the headscarf to replace the turban for 2012, the turban has not disappeared completely. Anna Sui’s spring-summer 2012 collection proves that.
December 21, 2011
Italian fashion designer Sergio Rossi released a limited edition of 22 carat gold pumps. The high-heeled luxurious heels are wrapped in 22-carat gold leaf or antique silver leaf. These gorgeous hand-crafted pumps boast a chic crocodile finish. the y are available only upon request from Sergio Rossi Bal Harbour.
December 20, 2011
Full wet look hair for 2012. The slick back wet hairstyles are very popular for spring-summer 2012. It simply works on any length of hair – even a short crop. But still, if your hair is very curly or frizzy, you may need to straighten it first.
How to achieve the wet look
A number of different products can be used to create an all-over wet look hairstyle. At Alexander Wang spring-summer 2012 runway, the stylist used Argan oil all the way through, but not before using plenty of volumising mousse and a rough blow dry first. To create a smooth look like the one at Carlos Miele, try mixing gel with shine oil in equal parts then layering it all through the hair.